Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comm ...
Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comments on interest rates by Federal Reserve officials.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 18.59 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,468.67 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2 percent to 33,804.87, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7 percent to 13,659.68.
Fed officials said the US central bank doesn't need to keep tightening as rates are near their peak and it needs to take a wait-and-see approach before raising rates further.
In Seoul, large-cap stocks were mixed across the board.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics Co. rose 1.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix Inc. climbed 2.1 percent, leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution gained 1.2 percent and national flag carrier Korean Air Co. was up 0.7 percent.
Among decliners, top carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. fell 0.6 percent, No. 3 refiner S-Oil Corp. declined 1.5 percent and the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries Co. shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,339.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.05 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
South Korea is set to make its final presentation for the 2030 World Expo host city bid in Paris on ...
The South Korean government will set up a task force to focus on price controls for key food items, ...
Samsung Display has filed a complaint against BOE Technology and seven of its affiliates to the Unit ...
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death
- Quake shakes northwest Nepal, killing at least 128 and injuring dozens
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3
Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
[New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
[Our Museums] Legacy of early Catholics at Korean Catholic Martyrs' Museum
South Korea warns tit
Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains amid rate woes
- [Korean History] In 2008, Korea's National Treasure No. 1 went down in flames
- LG Display appoints LG Innotek chief as new CEO
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- Remaining BTS members to head to military
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- Korea inks 37 deals with UK, vows closer ties
- Dyson vows to enhance customer service in Korea
- Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
- 김웅 “한동훈, 돌 좀 맞고 욕먹더라도 강남 3구서 출마해야”
- Leeum Museum ecological project starts Dec. 1 with Chanel Culture Fund
- Dunamu CEO set for third term