Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
简介South Korea's leading art fair, Art Busan, unveiled the theme for its inaugural Seoul art show ...
South Korea's leading art fair, Art Busan, unveiled the theme for its inaugural Seoul art show and design fair, Define Seoul, and announced the list of galleries that will be participating in the event, which will be held on Nov. 1-5 in Seongsu-dong.
"We have cultivated the art fair in Busan for the past 15 years, which is now considered a top art fair in the country. I think we have the know-how and the collectors to run an art fair in Seoul," said Jeong Seok-ho, managing director of Art Busan, at a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday.
Jeong also noted that an art fair that combines fine art and design is unprecedented in Seoul.
Some 25 galleries and design brands from home and abroad will join Define Seoul, including international galleries that specialize in design.
"We found that design brands and galleries have a huge interest in Seoul but did not have many opportunities to take part in an art fair in the city. That is why we will run a lecture program during Define Seoul to offer opportunities for the audiences to learn about the design brands," he added.
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Tuesday ordered the Cabinet to look into possibilities of a cyberattack o ...
Hyundai Motor Group said Wednesday that its affiliate Kia has reached a tentative agreement with its ...
Issuing and sharing one’s old school transcripts is a new social media fad in South Korea, as the re ...
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
- Samsung SDI, Volvo Trucks vow to enhance battery partnership
- 'Omega X will not give up': Boy band returns to share message of hope
- Farm online, harvest offline: Virtual farming games attract inflation
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- S. Korea retracts bans on disposable cups at cafes, restaurants
- Kard signs with Cardi B, Post Malone's agency
- S. Korea goes all
- Spending on overseas tourism rises by most in 13 years
- Defense minister rejects plans for J
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Ruling party chief clings on after election loss
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- S. Korea set to open largest
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- S.Korea's largest
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- US strategic bomber B
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Beef prices have soared 100
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy