China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
简介AliExpress, an online direct purchase platform owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, is c ...
AliExpress, an online direct purchase platform owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, is considering whether to set up a massive logistics center in South Korea in a sign of business expansion, according to industry sources on Tuesday.
“Given the extent of AliExpress’ expansion here, the company would need at least five logistics centers to manage products upon their arrival in Incheon (the nation’s main international gateway),” an industry told The Korea Herald on condition of anonymity, adding that logistics centers are usually operated under long-term rental contracts.
“It remains to be seen whether the company is planning such a huge investment for the Korean market at this point.”
More concrete plans for the new facility are likely to be unveiled next month when the company holds its first press conference in Seoul.
Following its official debut in Korea in 2018, AliExpress has enhanced its service quality, including setting up a customer center exclusively for Korean customers in November last year. Over the years, its delivery time has reduced from one to two weeks to three to five days.
Currently, CJ Logistics, the nation’s largest shipping company, handles the shipping of AliExpress products in Korea. This year alone, the transaction volume has more than doubled from 3.46 million boxes in the first quarter to 9.04 million boxes in the third quarter.
Sources say Coupang, the nation’s largest e-commerce platform operator, may face direct competition from its Chinese rival’s bigger presence here.
According to the latest government data, Coupang occupies the largest share of the nation’s e-commerce market with 24.5 percent, followed by Naver with 23.3 percent and Shinsegae Group with 10.1 percent.
As of the end of September, the number of short-term and long-term foreign residents in Korea was 2. ...
K-pop solo artist Dawn began his mandatory military service on Thursday, according to music label At ...
Information technology service provider LG CNS said Thursday that it has launched a generative artif ...
- Seoul anticipates 3
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- S. Korea, Britain forge strategic partnership on ODA projects
- Pianist Kim Jun
- Story of first female leader of traveling entertainers reimagined
- 김웅 “한동훈, 돌 좀 맞고 욕먹더라도 강남 3구서 출마해야”
- [Herald Interview] ‘Digital paradigm shift to VR will happen 2026’
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- Zyx Technology donates CAD software to Sungkyunkwan University
- S. Korea elected as member of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- 윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- KDI slashes 2024 growth to 2.2%
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody
- Bass Youn Kwang
- 신당 추진 이준석 ‘천아용인’과 회동…김용태 “작전 이해 간다”
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- Top chefs gather to create innovative dishes with Korean ingredients
- 노조에 파업 손배 청구 힘들어져…재계, 노란봉투법 통과 강력 반발
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- National Museum of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty to open in Pyeongchang
- 검사탄핵안 이어…야당, 이번엔 검사 좌표찍기
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시
- Seoul shares open higher on hope for exports recovery
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- Kumho Petrochemical comits to net zero by 2050